March 26, 2012 by Marci
- Anti-aging and acne treatments: Three months to a year.
- Body lotion: Two to three years, particularly if it’s in a pump container.
- Shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel: About three years.
- Bath oil: One year.
- Sunscreen: Check the package for an expiration date.
- Mascara and liquid eyeliner: Three to four months.
- Eye and lip pencils: Three to five years. Sharpen them before each use as a way to preserve them and keep them clean.
- Lipstick and lip gloss: Two to three years.
- Foundation: About two years.
- Perfume: About two years. To get more mileage out of a perfume, resist the temptation to display a pretty bottle on your vanity. Instead, stash it away in a cool, dark place.
- Nail polish: One year.
- Hairstyling products: Three to five years. Most are alcohol-based, which helps preserve the formula.
- Bar soap: Up to three years.
- Shaving cream: About two years.
- Deodorant: Up to two years.
Go ahead and use this chart when cleaning out your bathroom shelves and drawers. Tell me about the oldest product you found! I found some foundation that I think I remember wearing 3 houses ago!!