November 4, 2013 by Marci
Yikes! It’s November and you know what that means. By the end of the month, we will be knee deep in Christmas cheer – I hope.
Today, I made my November Christmas To-Do List so Christmas won’t catch me off guard. Planning now will make sure the Christmas season is full of cheer and not frustration. You might want to add some of these to your list.
- Make A Gift List – Write down everyone you need to get gifts for and then write an idea or two for each person.
- Make A Budget – This is one of the most important steps in gift giving. To make sure I don’t go over budget, I keep an excel spreadsheet complete with names, gifts, budget and actual costs. I have 5 years of Christmas spreadsheets to help with my Christmas lists and Christmas costs.
- Christmas Cards – Decide what type of Christmas card you will send out this year and get them ordered or purchased now. Start addressing them a little at a time and by December 1st, they will be ready to go!
- Calendar Of Events – The December calendar can fill up pretty fast. Record the dates and times of all those plays, musicals and programs your kids are in first. Then, add other events your family doesn’t want to miss. Be careful to not over schedule. I actually schedule downtime and family nights just to be sure we don’t get overwhelmed.
- Christmas Clothes – Does your family need special outfits for Christmas services, dinners, parties, or family pictures? Better get them now. You don’t want to get caught clothes shopping in the midst of the Christmas shopping craziness!
- Pre-Christmas Toy Purge – Get rid of unwanted, broken toys now to make way for new ones. Read more HERE.
What else would you add to your November Christmas To-Do List to make the holidays more enjoyable?
Past Christmas planning posts you might find useful….
A great Christmas planning ebook bundle available this week only (affiliate)….